View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 10:56 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyt View Post
Will certainly report after i have the MRI which by the am dreading because I get claustrophobic and will need Valium to get me through it.
I get claustrophobic in the MRI machines too. The PET and CT are wide bore so I can deal with those. However, because I have so many of them all and because of the distress it causes me I am prescribed a twilight sedation added to the cannula as I get IV contrast. I still get extremely anxious and my BP goes through the roof, but if I didn't have this I would not be able to have any MRIs at all. Not many medical diagnostic facilities do this. They mostly just give patients needing light sedation some type of pill.

It might help to get in touch with your doctor or your GP so that they put "needs sedation" on the referral form. The facility that does give sedation in my area only does it on certain days of the week, so that's something you need to sort out in advance with them.

Of course, if you think you can deal with the 20 mins or so in the machine, then that's even better, but nobody should have to suffer with extreme anxiety.

Let us know how you get on.

Last edited by Lara; 04-13-2021 at 11:30 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (04-14-2021), Prince227 (04-18-2021)