Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asolive View Post
Hello, I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly or posting in the correct place. I just wanted help translating my brain MRI results to layman terms. Thanks so much

FINDINGS:
Again seen but decrease in size is the previously described deep right frontal white matter lesion adjacent to the anterior right lateral ventricle. Lesion is decreased in size from 22 x 17 mm to 16 x 12 mm and is central high signal on T2/FLAIR images and decreased signal on T1-weighted images but mild central T2 increase enhancement. It does not demonstrate restricted diffusion. There is modest central enhancement. There is a surrounding hemosiderin ring and hemosiderin central stain seen. Susceptibility is images suggest possible vessel extending into this region. Given the clinical history of the findings consistent with a bleeding AVM and intermittent minimal central acute hemorrhage is suggested by subtly increasing central T1 signal and development of central enhancement. Probability of low-grade malignancy appears low but cannot be ruled out.
As noted on prior studies there is susceptibility dropout consistent with prior hemorrhage seen involving focal areas of the right occipital lobe, left frontal, right temporal and right frontal vertex consistent with history of prior AVM bleeding.
Ventricular system is unremarkable. No evidence of acute ischemic change/CVA. Unremarkable spine-medullary junction. Unremarkable orbits. Unremarkable calvarium. Unremarkable mastoid air cells. Bilateral maxillary and ethmoid sinusitis as well as right sphenoid disease.

IMPRESSION : Decreasing size of the currently 1.6 x 1.2 cm lesion involving the deep right frontal white matter compared with study of 2012. There is subtle suggestion of some central bleed with mildly increased T1 signal and interval development of some central enhancement new since prior study. Susceptibility imaging demonstrating evidence of hemosiderin stain and surrounding hemosiderin ring. Given the clinical history, the findings appear to represent an involuting AVM which may have developed some central hemorrhage accounting for current central enhancement.
Multiple scattered bilateral punctate areas of cerebral susceptibility dropout consistent with hemosiderin staining secondary prior AVM bleeds consistent with clinical history..
I bolded a few things to make it easier to read and you can look up any words you don't know.. it will be good to know what they are when talking with drs..