View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 08:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
An alternative is to seek the advice of what is called an Accredited Practicing Dietitian here. Some of them work in hospitals, designing diets which meet the needs of the patients in collaboration with their clinical colleagues.

Others work in private practice.

I have taught APDs in their pre-clinical years.
I have a question on this. From what I've seen, the dietician will use the determined information on a fruit or vegetable etc to determine how much vitamins or minerals are in the food. Then use this to determine an adequate intake based on a meal plan. While I do believe the science to determine information is accurate, I also believe, that it can vary from specimen to specimen. It can also vary from the same farm year over year. For example, the amount of minerals in an avocado, isn't it possible and probable that over time as the tree makes avocado's that are picked that the soil gets depleted of those minerals? Unless the farmer practices incredibly good farming techniques, it is likely that the quantity of minerals etc can diminish over time and vary from one tree to another. So if the initial information is not accurate, how can we get a good meal plan?
pjlla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (04-22-2021), Jomar (04-20-2021)