View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 12:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Found out my neurologist is very ill. Kind of felt sorry for the replacement doc. He's OCD. It's really not my place to judge but he seemed to have a serious case on his hands. But a bit of OCD seems like a good for a doctor. Right? He walked into the exam room with my records loosely scattered in his hands, sat down, and started reading. There seems to be this rather awkward/extended period of time transpiring, when I finally spoke up and asked him --"exactly what was your thought process behind your decision to completely discontinue my pain medication two weeks before I would need a renewal?" Of course, he didn't have a good answer. He just blamed it "new federal regs or guidelines or restrictions or pressures or whatever. He blamed it on the feds. A full 2 hrs later, I walk out with all three of the prescriptions I was worried about, plus a new one (modafinil). All that worry, and all it took was a face to face appointment. But, something still doesn't seem right. I'm somehow getting the impression that my "case" was passed off or handed down to the last guy on the list (i.e. the next in line to retire, at any minute). He did, however cut me way back on the hydrocodone, and it's not working. Exactly why, he felt the need to do this after 10 yrs., I don't know. I go back to see him Jun 9.

These forums are for mutual support and the sharing information only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by qualified health care professionals. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read about here.
toyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote