Thread: COVID vaccine
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 04:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My dad got an invite (over 70, so 65+ crowd) here in Belgium. Normally they said they would invite you 2 weeks in advance, so you could confirm the dates in all ease, etc.

My dad got the invite 3 working days before he had to go! And there was no getting through by phone. So we did it online, turned out he had AstraZeneca, and he was having... none of it, with even greater cases (over 200 right now, granted more have been vaccinated with it) of clotting reported for that one, over the J&J. Here in the EU it has been approved, BTW.

He immediately turned it down!

My mom got the invite well in advance, for Pfizer. She has set back the dates one time, because she just isn't sure of it all. Her mother had a bad thrombosis and was left half paralyzed. She just... not with the Pfizer one, but with vaccines in general, thinks there are too many bad things coming out.

I think, personally, haven't had an invite yet, that vaccines have to be "on point". Yes, side-effects are normal, but not clotting to the point of death. What do you call all these dead people? Collateral damage? These are people's parents, kids, spouses. And yes, Covid is dangerous too, but my gut is saying I rather protect well and take that chance than get a fixed death date in the mail... If that makes any sense.

Guys, I can't "reason" my way out of this. I just feel awful, because I like to be vaccinated, I have had my vaccines in my life. Not anti-vaccination here at all. But this? The way this is going? A little much for me!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (04-23-2021)