Old 04-25-2021, 07:14 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
steeler, This is a TBI/PCS forum. Omeprazole is not well tolerated by many who have compromised brains.

I was prescribed it and stopped after just a few weeks. Did not like what it does to my head.

Would you mind sharing what your symptoms were when taking Omerprazole? I used to take it in times past with no issues. However, I have been having neck/back issues and when i tried to use it last year, I felt horrible - seemed to increase the tightening of upper back muscles, made me have dizzy/lightheaded spells, and almost felt like what I would assume it would feel like to have an anxiety attack. Took me a while to figure out it could be the Prilosec b/c, as I said before, I had used it on and off again for years with no issues. The doctor gave me an RX for a newer version of PPI, but never took it b/c I was a wimp. So, OTC 20 mg Pepcid twice a day is what I have been doing, along with modification in diet.

Further background info: diagnosed with Chiari I Malformation and Ehlers Danlos 15 years ago, with cranio-cervical instability being the main cause of symptoms. Though, I believe I have something with thoracic spine due to symtoms in shoulder/neck/chest/upper back.

Thanks!
Mom2One is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote