View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 10:34 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Atticus, you are absolutely right about the poor posture/brain fog from too much screen time. I usually spend most of my time in front of a computer or reading/studying, and then I watch tv and play video games in the evening. I am trying to alter this pattern but with covid/quarantine it's hard to do activities out of the house. Walking and especially jogging were my biggest stress relievers and they break up that pattern.

I am in law school and am about to graduate at the end of the summer. Law is an inherently stressful profession, but I am planning to specialize in tax and estate planning, which should be less stressful because it is not a litigation-driven area.

As a quick update, I went for my usual jog a couple days ago after abstaining all week, and I wound up with a terrible headache afterward, which is what always used to happen after any trauma events to my head/neck.

Yesterday it was sunny and it killed my eyes to the point I couldn't go outside. I also have fatigue, brain fog, and nausea throughout the day. It's worth mentioning that my two daughters were sick with a virus (not Covid) all week which I may have picked up, but I am not having any of the symptoms they had. It has been one week since the bike ride.

My plan is to listen to my symptoms and stop when activities make things worse. However, I have two final questions:

1) Cold showers - does anyone have any experience/knowledge/theories about whether they could delay healing or otherwise be bad for a head/neck injury?

2) In the morning, while laying in bed for 5 minutes or so before getting up, I get this grinding/popping/crackling sensation (the closest comparison I can think of is the "pop rocks" candy) in the back of my head, right where my spine connects with the base of my skull. I remember looking into it in the past and learning that it may have something to do with the cerebrospinal fluid. This is a reoccurring sensation that has always followed any physical trauma (no matter how minor) to my head/neck since my pcs began. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thank you all and God bless.
Alaska89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote