View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 10:35 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybenextyear View Post
My wife at age 56 developed a peripheral sensory neuropathy very similar to many others in this forum after receiving the Imovax and HyperRAB S/D vaccine following a bat bite. That was 4 years ago. Currently her symptoms are not as severe as they were in the first 12 month post vaccination but they do tend to flare up on occasion particularly at night.

My question—has anyone with a similar post-vaccine neuropathy received one of the COVID vaccines? She is very concerned about experiencing worsening symptoms and is leaning against COVID vaccination. She is otherwise healthy.

Thanks.

William
I am not advising your wife one way or another to take or not to take the COVID-19 vaccine. I am just telling what happened to me after taking the first dose of the Moderna Covid vaccine 8 weeks ago. I never had any neuropathy whatsoever before the vaccine. I now have tingling and numbness in all 4 of my extremities and bulging veins in same. I have been to the ER, pcp, neurologist, and was put on gabapentin. In my research I came across this site and noticed the similarities between some people getting the rabies vaccine and then getting neuropathy and what happened to me. I find it comforting that Eventually most of the acute neuropathy cases on here calmed down. Looking back in 20/20 hindsight I personally would have not gotten the Moderna vaccine. Again. It’s an individual choice and I am NOT giving advice on what anyone else should do.
Prince227 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote