View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 09:06 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default New GP pain area here.

A doctor in my city was prosecuted for prescribing opioids in ways they did not like. Yes I do think this doc was likely doing nothing wrong as my state is much on good doctoring anymore. I just went thru a grilling with my new family doctor about continuing to get a prescription for 30 hydrocodone per month. I take a half pill twice a day as part of about 6 things I do to manage my pain. My primary pain is nerve pain mainly on left side of face and head. It started at corner of my eye some years ago. Discovering nerve blocks consisting of steroids was a big big improvement. Few years later when I was pressed hard to reduce down from 4 hydrocodone per day I took the plunge to try CBD oil. I use it topically. That is how I was able to get down to one opioid per day. I also practice Acupuncture that I learned to supplement my self with a short daily version with help of my MD who used to do my acupuncture. I had to bargain with my new doc to continue the opioid by saying I would discuss my face pain with Mayo Clinic Neurologist when I am there in May. I have learned a lot. I always trust what my body is telling me. Sculptor 44
Sculptor44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote