View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 08:56 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Our bodies are unique puzzles

I realized I forgot to add to my talk of what I do about pain is tanning for treatment of my severe vitamin D deficiency that was amazingly discovered by a tenacious medical resident in rheumatology in 2006. I had been diagnosed with Sjogrens Syndrome but had been in a pain all over kinda thing that at times was suggested as Fibromyalgia. But that was pointed to also because I was getting weak and had breathing issues and major sleep disturbance. Turns out vitamin D deficiency that is on the severe side can look like Fibromyalgia. My life totally changed during the near year it took to find the way to get my vitamin D up to “farmer levels” like my endocrinologist wants. The pain reduction wasn’t the first big change . It was other things like walking stronger and sleeping better and less respiratory infection. Now tho boy do I quickly see my pain levels move up if I don’t get to tan the 3 days a week I go. When the place closed down for covid it was awful. My pain went up and my sleep degraded and more. My farmer levels of vitamin D are 42 or higher. If you are interested I know this subject inside out and can give anyone more info. At 70 years old it is becoming harder to tan but it’s the minimally treated Myasthenia Gravis that slows me down. Sculptor44
Sculptor44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (05-01-2021), Lara (08-06-2021)