View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 02:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default COVID-19 Vaccine For Those With Neuropathy - What Has Been Your Experience?

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a quite a long time. I hope everyone is well, relatively speaking of course. I'm going on with my life as best as I can as my SFN progresses. I haven't been taking the best care of myself but I do what I can with my busy life and the ongoing pandemic.

I will most likely be getting a vaccine in the coming weeks and I do have some choice apparently. My preference is for the Pfizer vaccine because I would like an MRNA vaccine for a variety of reasons, but what's relevant here is that I know at least one person suffering from SFN who has had an okay time with it. But that's the extent of my second hand experience. I came on here expecting some discussion as to weather any of the vaccines have had side effects unique to those with neuropathy, but that doesn't seem to be the case, unless I've missed it. So I'm wondering if any of you who have had any of the vaccines, whether just the first shot or both, can offer some feedback about your experience with that particular vaccine. I'm not sure there's anything to say here, and there will be so many other variables that can be relevant aside from suffering from neuropathy, but I thought I'd at least ask. I also ask because after losing my excellent neurologist, who moved to another part of the country, I've not seen a neurologist for years and can't ask about my unique risk factors. Well, I did see the person he recommended or left me to, but he was terrible like all the others and simply said there's nothing he can do for me other than offer me more pharmaceuticals, including opioids.

Anyway, thank you in advance for anything you can share, and again I do hope you're all as well as can be expected.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aussie99 (11-02-2021)