View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 08:00 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Default New member, 76 years young

Hi everyone

I'm 76, and a new member here, although I've been reading some of your good advice for a month or three.

My problem is PN, but it has been strange. It started in 2003 as a small, numb patch on the top of both feet. It became a bit worse in 2012 but nothing much happened until a year ago, when I first mentioned it to my G.P. About three years ago I was found to have pre-diabetes, and was put on Metformin. So I bought an electric bike and started using it to exercise.

The doctor took me off the Metformin, but I keep a regular check on blood-sugar, and try to keep it down at night by going for a second ride at midnight.

Even so, recently, prickling and numbness has started to creep up my feet and into my lower legs. Compared with some stories I've read here my symptoms are quite trivial, but that doesn't stop me worrying that they may get consistently worse until they are far from trivial, and there doesn't seem to be much that I can do about it. Or am I missing something?

When I mention it to my doctor she doesn't seem to want to talk to me about it. I asked her if it meant that I would lose the use of my legs and she said yes. I had a doppler on both legs and the blood supply is fine, so I'm confused.

Anyway, thanks to you guys for running this forum, it must be a great consolation to so many people.

And I'll shut up now. Thanks for your patience.
Michael H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote