View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 10:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, Michael H,

I agree with others that your doctor isn't being very helpful if you've been told that you could lose the use of your legs and yet the doctor doesn't seem to want to discuss the condition.

It sounds as if you're keeping an eye on the blood sugar. You might want to check it at least once a day, at different times of day, for a while to see if it's doing spikes at some times.

Have you consulted with a dietitian about your diet? I have diabetes (Type 2) and found that going over my diet with a dietitian was very helpful. You do have to follow the diet recommendations to the letter though.

The importance of diet in diabetes can't be overemphasized. I was diagnosed with diabetes in 1984, and ever since then I've been counting calories daily and watching the carbs, protein, fat as well as potassium, cholesterol, and especially fiber.

I'm wondering if paying really close attention to getting the diabetes under tight control might help with your neuropathy. Maybe it's worth a try if you're not already doing this.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, since 12/16/20
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote