View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 04:59 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I realized recently that my description of my pain is not entirely accurate. I've called it a "burning" pain, not realizing some might mistake that for a "sunburn" type pain, which is not what I experience. (Although, I've had many sunburns over the years, being pale and with freckles, lol). I guess it's more like an electric shock-like pain? It's really hard to describe accurately. It was the same type of pain I had in my ankle / foot years and years ago (which eventually went away on its own; never found out what caused it).

When I googled "electric shock-like pain in the thigh," there was one maybe two sites that listed it as a symptom of meralgia paresthetica, but most don't mention it. Secondly, I have noticed that in diagrams and descriptions of MP, they say / show it on the outer side of the thigh. Mine is on the top / front of the thigh (in both legs; right leg is just way worse).

Either way, just something I've noticed. I'll have to make sure when I see the doctor later this month, to clarify what the pain is like.
Dannibal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (05-07-2021)