View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 03:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

It has been 5 years since I have posted here. After initially dealing with this in 2016 for almost 2 years, with good days and bad days, it finally lightened to the point of just having flare-ups that would last a few days and then I would feel completely normal for months until the next flare-up. I learned to live with it. But last April, I had what I thought was a bad flare-up, but it ended up lasting 2-1/2 months until it started fade. Then, same thing, just flare-ups that would last 2-3 days until 4 weeks ago. It started out of nowhere with tingling up to my knee and burning feet. Thought it would go back away but it is not and I feel it is getting worse. As of yesterday I have burning pain above my ankles that feels like sunburn time 10 and it has not stopped since. I am freaking out that this is progressing and now not going to go away this time. I had COVID 6 weeks ago and was thinking it might have triggered this. I have usually been able to wait it out until it subsides but this burning is relentless. I have been taking 1800 mg/day of Gabapentin for a long time now. I don't understand if I had nerve damage and it got better, how it can keep coming and going like this?
JimD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote