View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 09:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I haven't heard of the Balocet. Thanks for the info, Roxie. I sure hope it works for you. It must be hard being so sensitive to so many drugs. Maybe you could give the fentayl patch another try sometime to see if that was really what caused your reaction, or if it was your IVIG. I have been taking Darvon compound. It is like Darvocet only with no Tylenol at all in it. Tylenol doesn't even begin to touch my pain, so I figured why take it and stress my liver. So I asked for the Darvon compound which my best friend, who is a pharmacist, told me about. My doctor wasn't even aware that it came that way, but he looked it up and prescribed it for me. My pharmacist friend has some great ideas. I am trying something new now, seeing if methadone will work better for me that the fentanyl patch. I'll let everyone know how that works out. I think that if I can get the dosage worked out, it won't make me as sleepy as the fentanyl. There's no apparent reason why it should cause less sleepiness, but that's how it seems to work for me. We'll see if we can get it to work as well for my pain. I will be out of town next week, so it will be awhile before I can work on it with my doctor to get the dosage right.
Dakota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote