View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 08:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
Yeah, I am 10 years behind you (next month) and I do NOT want to learn any new things...besides car stuff! I need some welding done and I am trying to work up the courage to take the grinder to my Roadmaster Wagon

I'd love to learn how to weld and fabricate. I actually watched quite a few videos about it. A couple of guys bought a bog standard Mitsubishi Lancer wagon (115BHP), and turned it into a Lancer Evolution wagon (of which only 600 were ever made and sold in Japan) using parts from a salvaged (crashed) Evo, making about 520BHP on E95, with the full AWD system etc etc. Not an easy job . Thousands of spot welds to remove old panels and weld on the (much wider) new panels. It's truly an art.

But ... I think it's a bit late to start all that now.

Quote:

My wife is throwing a "Decade Sober" party this summer. Got any travelling plans?
Careful, or you have a 6'7" European at your door! Sadly, there's this little thing called Covid, I don't know if you heard about it. Also I'm skint (but that will change soon). However: sounds like a great idea, and I'm going to keep this in the back of my mind. I mean we can always go for an extra "joint party" when I'm near my "Decade", right?

I have 3 invitations standing for the US and Canada, and it's getting a bit rude from my end to keep saying "sorry!". But I'll PM you the gory details as to why/how, and how/when that might change.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (05-17-2021)