View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 01:59 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your neurologist and what happened at the pain management. I had a similar experience. But, I wasn't taking diazepam. I was on alprozolam. My physician didn't retire. He just quit prescribing opiods all together. It was due to the government stepping in and telling him he could no longer prescribe the medications he was prescribing. He felt if he couldn't treat and take clare of his patients the way he had been doing for several years, he would stop prescribing those meds. Not long after that I learned the government is telling all physicians that prescribe opiods to not prescribe benzodiazepines too. Data has shown many cases where there was a drug overdose is not necessarily because someone took more than what had bern prescribed to them. It was the mixture of the opiods and benzodiazepines.
Case example my doctor gave to me is Whitney Houston. My advice is to seek a new physician and ask if somerhing else can be used instead, such as, zanaflex or Flexiril. I hope this info helps.

Best wishes,

Diamond Tiger<3
Diamond Tiger<3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote