Thread: Covid Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 12:39 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Tiger<3 View Post
I went to see my pcp for a physical. I informed him I have been fully vaccinated. He told me despite being fully vaccinated, I still must go the extra mile and practice social distancing and wear a mask regardless of whether I'm indoors or outdoors because I'm immunocompromised. I must do it until herd immunity is reached. He also said anyone who comes around me also must mask too.

I was hoping once I was fully vaccinated I would have more freedom and enjoy my life again.

Diamond Tiger<3

Hello Agate,

Yes, here in the U.S.A. the mask mandate has been lifted in most states for people who have been fully vaccinated, my state included.
What my doctor was explaining to me is, despite being fully vaccinated I must still wear a mask and all those around me must do the same because I'm considered high risk as a result of being immunicompromised. I can't go eat inside restaurants or sit with family and friends without everyone being masked. Until my state and cimmunity reaches herd immunity. Though the vaccines are 90-95% effective, for someone like me I would fall into that 5-10% that it will not be as effective in and would get sick and the outcome may not be good.

Best wishes,

Diamond Tiger<3
Diamond Tiger<3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (05-18-2021), Lara (07-25-2021)