Thread: Covid Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 01:09 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I'm really frustrated being locked up in my house. I just celebrated my 40th birthday in March. My baby brother stopped by with a birthday cake and had my niece and nephew with him. I couldn't even invite them inside my house. I felt horrible about it. Instead, we all had to stay outside in my car garage.
I have a IGG deficiency subclass 1 and 3. I'm suppose to get monthly IVIG. I haven't had it done in a few years now. Overall I feel great and rarely get sick even without getting the IVIG. I questioned if the dx is correct and my doctor has checked my IGG levels several times over the last 5-6 years. Both subclass 1 and 3 is below normal. Also, my total number is below normal too. My immunologist says its genetics. He believes my mom was the same as me. Which helps to explain why she got emphysema in her early 30s and died at 41.
Because Covid-19 is new, nobody has aby natural immunity to it that would help me if I were to start getting IVIG again to help in case. The doctors are not confident that all donated blood would have Covid antibodies in it to help people like myself because, there still isn't enough infection or vaccinated people yet. Its not expected to possibly reach that until next year. Sadly, IVIG is the only treatment for my condition. Even then, IVIG is given 1 a month. And it only lasts up to 21 days in the body. The insurance will only cover the cost 1 a month. On average deoending on the number of days in the month, I would be going 9 days on average without any protection from bacteria and viral infections.

Diamond Tiger<3
Diamond Tiger<3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (07-24-2021)