View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 01:09 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hey SoulfulYin,

Thanks for the update. Thanks for sharing.

In terms of your mum's B vitamin regimen I think Benfotiamine ( B1) with a meal and B12 with water and then a B complex at another time of the day with water would work well.

I chose personally never to take Gabapentin or anything similar so can't comment on its side effects or its efficacy.

Your mum's memory loss is a concern. I wonder if this will help ...

1. Candle
2. Swan
3. Breasts
4. Nose
5. Hook
6.Golf Club
7. Cliff
8. Shapely woman
9. Microphone
10.Laurel and Hardy

You might think I've lost it, and you wouldn't be the first person, but these are memory pegs. We can remember a lot more if use visualization and the idea is that we link anything we need to remember to our memory pegs. So 1 is the shape of a candle, 2 is the shape of a swan. These are easy to recall memory pegs and we can form funny pictures in our mind to recall stuff, even your daily diary. So for example if we want to recall the last 10 Oscar winning films.

1. Nomadland. I can form the image of an old Arabian night in a turban in a desert ( a nomad) sitting on a flying magic carpet, beneath the magic carpet is a giant candle - the memory peg.

2. Parasite. A swan swimming on a lake being attacked by a giant insect

3. Green Book. You can think of your own one for this.

4. The Shape of Water . Think of a nose as a tap or faucet hot water through the right nostril cold through the left.

The point is to be creative and its so easy and fun to do that you can rediscover confidence in your memory pretty much instantly. The key is to think in pictures. This stimulates connectivity between neurons in the brain so is healing too and neuroprotective too.

I use these techniques all the time to recall things and it really helps me. It's worth giving it a try. You can learn and memorize stuff together.

Best wishes,

Atty
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-03-2021)