View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 01:10 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
OP: There are so many ways to control/manage pain. The last thing I would take are the addicting opiods...and all their side effects...they are massive bandaids. I had a couple hard surgeries and could not wait to get off the hard pain drugs. And I've learned too to live with pain, meditation and mantras can do some good.
Caroline,

I understand you have a more natural way of managing your pain and health. What may work for you doesn't work for everyone else. I'm still young and live a very active lifestyle. If I still want to throw a bowling ball and use a pool cue this is how I handle it. It would be different if I was much older and lived a sedentary lifedtyle. Then I could see that being a possibility. If I'm going to be in pain, I at least want to enjoy my life while I can. Now, I'm going to be silly for a minute...you know there is a saying, "Die young and leave a good looking coffin." Lol If the side effects take me young, so be it.
Besides, my mantras are permanently broke. A brain surgeon cut out a portion of my brain. As the another saying is, "You have some screws loose." I guess I fall into that category too. Lol
Forgive me, I'm being funny but serious at the same time. I appreciate your thoughts. Maybe we have tried your way and it didn't work for us is all I'm trying to say.

Best wishrs,

Diamond Tiger<3
Diamond Tiger<3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote