Thread: Covid Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 05:05 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Atticus,

Good to hear you are well! I'm good here, thanks for asking. Yes, I am the angel lady. Lol Great memory!

To answer your question about reason for still needing a mask despite being fully vaccinated, its because of me being immunocompromised. The vaccines are highly effective 90-95% in people with healthy strong immune systems. But, in people like myself who are immunocompromised or immunosuppressive the efficacy is not the same, its a lot less. There are even some people who have been vaccinated but still didn't produce any immune response. Therefore their bodies will not create any antibodies to help protect them from a Covid infection. Doctors still say to everyone get the vaccine despite it may not be as effective if it is at all. Its better to have some antibodies if your body produces some than none at all. Nobody can say who amongst this group of people will and will not produce a immune response. People who have a autoimmune disorder also fall into this group. The only indication that any doctor would have as to who may and may not is based on prior vaccinations and the efficacy those had.

Using me as a example: When I have received the flu and pneumonia vaccine my body didn't produce a healthy amount of antibodies to fight the flu and pneumonia if I were to ever get it. Because of this the doctors do not expect me to have a strong robust amount of antibodies for Covid. And taking into account I do have a weak immune system.

My doctors reccomended for me to wear a mask until herd immunity is reached. However long it takes for herd immunity to be reached is how long I will have to wear a mask for.

With all that being said, if I were to come in contact with someone with Covid the likely hood of me getting Covid is fairly high and the outcome for me could be lethal despite being vaccinated.

I hope this helps to answer your questions about it.

Best wishes,

Diamond Tiger<3
Diamond Tiger<3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (05-21-2021), Lara (05-21-2021)