View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 12:18 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful Gran View Post
Naltrexone is a drug that was originally created as an opiate antagonist to help drug addicts and alcoholics come off their addictions. For that purpose it is described in high doses (starting at 50-100 mg.

Then an AIDS doctor discovered by accident that in very small doses (less than 5 mg) the drug behaved very differently and increased endorphins. Since it’s used off label it has to be compounded at a compounding pharmacy. It’s called LDN (low dose naltrexone) and is useful for all kinds of diseases and conditions. eg. pain, MS, many different autoimmune diseases, etc. it doesn’t work for everyone but when it does it’s quite remarkable. It’s extremely safe and at such tiny doses serious side effects are non existent- unless someone happened to be extremely allergic.
It causes vivid dreams.

Here’s everything you need to know- there’s even an informational letter you can print off and give your doctor - that’s what I did. I can’t post links yet so you’ll have to look it up.

Hey Grateful Gran,

Here's a link to some information about Naltrexone and its role in pain management. I was aware it was used to combat alcoholism but not for pain relief.

Thanks

Atty

Low Dose Naltrexone and Pain – Huraibi Rehab Institute
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grateful Gran (05-29-2021)