View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 12:13 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Default Anxiety = number one enemy for concussions

Hi guys, I see a lot of people on this site with prior concussions post about how stressed they get when they sustain minor bumps to the head post-concussion. I've been in the same boat. In 2019 I had a mild concussion...then I googled concussions and my anxiety skyrocketed. fight or flight. And then the vicious cycle started...I started getting anxious about having another panic attack, anxious about everything in general. 2 months later as I was starting to improve...I bumped my head very lightly on a counter...anxiety came roaring back, and back into the horrible cycle.

I've now delved into cbt therapy for my anxiety, and it has really helped. Anxiety can cloud our judgement and logic so much, and it can be so unhealthy. The power of our thoughts can really determine what triggers anxiety. I recently bumped my head at work a few weeks ago..at first, negative thoughts started to flood back...but the I told myself " whether you got a concussion or not, anxiety will make nothing better. It happened. Move on". By the next day, I had forgotten about it and I was fine..instead of anxiety taking over and falling back into the cycle. It's upsetting to see so many people fall back into the trap over minor bumps to the head. I think its at least 70gs of force required for a concussion to happen.

Have a great day everyone. Positive vibes!
Froscow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (06-02-2021)