View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 03:39 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

I've been where you guys have been. Any negative body feeling..whether it was dizziness, head fullness etc. can spark anxiety, which in turn leads to physical symptoms (racing heart, brain fog, shakiness) which leads to more anxiety...and then we automatically relate these to the worst case scenario of having TBI. It's a vicious spiral that is hard to get out of.

I find that anxiety has many, many non specific symptoms that can be related to those of concussion. In my experience, I have found the anxiety spiral as I call it is the main culprit for keeping my stress levels up and catastrophizing. And that's what it is...catastrophizing. it's a faulty method of thinking. But the more we do it the more it cements our beliefs that our brains are permanently damaged and then in turn keeps our stress levels and anxiety up. And the cycle continues...

BTW, I'm no expert by any means. This has just been my personal experience 🙂 and other things definitely come into play like nutrition and sleep. Yesterday I felt a bit anxious and unfocused..instead of falling into the spiral..I realized that I had 2 strong cups of coffee that day (more than my usual intake)..which is why I was feeling a bit jittery. "Whatever,no problem!" My mind said. Drink some water, go for a walk to burn the energy off, and move on. I have to be more careful with caffeine...given that it's a stimulant and can actually burn through B vitamins I've heard.
Froscow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote