Thread: COVID vaccine
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 08:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Get this.

3 weeks on the *dot* after my mom's 1st Pfizer shot, she came down with shingles in her eye. The blisters are up her forehead and in the upper waterline (little pit of the eye and other corner). Yeah. That.

She will not be getting that 2nd shot. Doctor said, you have to be rid of this, and then still give it 2 weeks before the 2nd shot, and the system in Belgium is not designed that you can still log in to change that 2nd shot date. So now she has to call into that center, which is terribly busy!

She was bedridden all yesterday, so Saturday In so much pain that I let her have one of my sublingual buprenorphine tablets at the very end of the day. I had to see this the entire day, debating with myself whether or not it would be the right thing to do. But I did. She accepted it. And about half an hour later she was up and out of bed and she could not even lift her head out the pillow before.

Guys, I don't mess around with pain medicine, believe you me! I am *very* protective of my medication, but I could no longer take it. She was in agony.

She had gone to the doctor Friday, but it wasn't our regular GP, but the replacement doctor. And I think he might have underestimated the pain she was in & gonna be in.

I mean Friday she could still drive to the pharmacy to pick up her eye ointment (which is a bust, she can't tolerate it - it burns like the dickens), and the next day: totally bedridden.

She is on the couch today. Like yesterday, when I let her have one of my tablets.

I don't just give these out to people, trust me (oh no I don't), but my mom was a different matter altogether.

So yep...

Talk about a "side-effect".

That's lowered immune system if ever I saw it. It should strengthen right, not lower?
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (08-18-2021)