View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 10:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Vibration Therapy ??

I have mild/moderate feet and hand neuropathy from chemo eight years ago.

I can only walk or stand for a limited time length, not extended periods.

My very reputable oncologist is working with a specialized physiotherapist in Europe (don't know name) who has been researching and experimenting with vibration with all different origins of neuropathy (diabetics, chemo, etc).

She wants me to sit with my feet in a vibrating foot bath (like in the photo below) every night for many months for short intervals. They believe the vibration very slowly stimulates new nerve growth and repair very slowly over a long period of time.

I am very skeptical that my feet nerves are going to start to get any better now after 8 years of relative homeostasis. If anything, I see some very small signs of numbness and burning getting worse.

I have spent lots of time and energy down many rabbit holes trying different things that didn't make a difference and had to just stop, draw a line in the sand, live with things and get on with living life.

So I'm not keen on spending months trying something that I suspect is futile.

On the other hand, if I could go on longer walks with my friends or stand on my feet longer while shopping or traveling, it would be worth it.

Because of my flavor of pn, I do not believe the vibration will be uncomfortable or make my neuropathy worse.

Any thoughts or experiences ??

Natalie
Attached Thumbnails
Vibration Therapy ??-foot-bath-jpg  
v5118lKftfk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote