View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 08:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I am in a not an exactly similar situation but somewhat relevant I think. I developed SFN 5 years ago out of nowhere. I was 50 at the time with no health problems. After months of every blood test, EMG, QSART, etc., no reason for it could be found. After about a year it started fading and for the past 4 years I would have a flare up which would last a few days and then I would go back to normal for months at a time. When I say flare-up, I mean tingling feeling up to my knees, burning feet, and some numbness and pain when I walk. Well, I had COVID back in March which lasted 3 weeks. 2 weeks after I recovered, I had what I though was a flare-up as I woke up one morning with the tingling and it progressed to the usual symptoms. I had not had a flare-up for 6 months before this. I got the Moderna vaccine at the beginning of May and had my 2nd shot on May 29th. I am now in my 7th week of this flare -up and it shows no signs of going away. Did the virus bring it on? Did having the shots keep it going? Will it go back to normal? I drive myself crazy with these questions that NOBODY ever has the answer to. I have been on varying doses of Gabapentin for 5 years and honestly I don't know if it ever worked. It certainly doesn't seem like it is now even after I upped the dosage. My biggest fear is that this has progressed to the point where it will not go way again. It's hard to live with that fact, especially when there has never been a reason found for it to happen in the first place. Sorry for ranting on. Just very frustrated as I am sure we all are.
JimD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (06-10-2021)