View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 07:20 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Laura,
I appreciate your sympathy, and its awfully unfortunate that most doctors treating concussion patients cannot exercise a similar degree of empathy, even if it's because they haven't experienced a severe concussion themselves. It's funny that concussions can make us avoid stairs and fear even the smallest bumps, but I honestly feel like I've learned so much about myself and had a greater appreciation for my health that I don't regret getting my first bad concussion, even if it turned my life upside down for a year.

I'm not sure how you feel about your injury, but I hope the 15 years since your injury have been an insightful if not positive experience in your life. Little things like supporting each other makes all the difference, so I really appreciate your concern. It's funny that you mention other members witnessing the event as I've grown reliant on my significant other to describe the events back to me. I'm not proud of it, and my concerns should be directed towards a professional source, but speaking to someone else certainly goes a long way. Even seeing your or Mark's reply made my anxiety levels plummet.
Tbaughcome is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-14-2021)