View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 07:44 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default .Post MRI

It has been awhile since I have had the MRI. The outcome was mixed. Firstly they identified that I have some white matter - which could mean that I will develop dementia at some point. My mother did at 90 and my sister has vascular dementia at 81 and sadly has had to go into residential care.because her mobility has been severely compromised with falls and cannot live on her own anymore. I have always thought that with my family history I may be develop dementia as well. The MRI also identified that I have some sort of fungal thing in my sinus - I am having this investigated this week, but my doctor is not concerned - all fixable.

The MRI did not identify any more regarding the neuropathy. So here I am no better off regarding knowing any more about what is causing the neuropathy. It has been 6 months now since the start and the overall body sensations are continuing and are pretty much all over my body. I have to say that they have got worse since I have had to deal with my sister going into residential care, I am having to sell her home to pay for the care costs and also deal with her extreme dislike going into care.

I need to come to terms with my own future and the possibility that I may need care either because of the potential dementia or that the neuropathy will affect my mobility. At the same time, I am keeping up the excercises, yoga and will go back to doing more mediation.

I am really hoping someone will say to me "don't worry about the neuropathic sensations - they may not go away, but they won't affect your mobility going in the future". I know that's not going to happen, so I have to come to terms with it as much as I can.

Also the Neurologist said that with my all body sensations - sensory neuropathy that the brain sometimes misfires and causes this to happen, that sometimes it can be the brain blocking out a traumatic experience. I have been racking my brains to figure if I have had some kind of traumatic experience, but can't. I guess if I could, then the brain wouldn't be blocking it out - catch 22.

I have not made another appointment with the Neurologist as he says he has done all the tests and therefore no further investigation.

I hope someone out there can offer some positive feedback.

SuzyT

Last edited by suzyt; 06-15-2021 at 08:19 AM.
suzyt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote