View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 08:38 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Mid-June Update

So I just wanna say, things have been going pretty smoothly! We've been walking every morning around half a block, but today we started yoga! Well, I started yoga. She was initially okay with trying yoga in the morning, but I understand if she's still waking up her body and all that. Mum has agreed to doing yoga after work though, and honestly I'm okay with her doing as much as she's comfortable with right now. 'Cause man, yoga's rough.

She used to do it every day in the morning back when I was a kid and we lived in Florida. We're getting back into that groove. We're also going to try and talk to her doctor today about her gabapentin, she's got maybe 10 days left on the 300mg pills, and if it turns out it's not time to lower the dosage yet then we have maybe another 10 days of the 100mg, since she's on 900mg a day right now.

Really hoping after 3 months she can stand the neuropathy without medications, which I'm sure is just wishful thinking. But I'd be just as elated if she can work just fine on a lower gabapentin dosage or a different medication. This is my biggest issue that I'm stressing over now, honestly. Mom's been improving very steadily, and that's honestly all I could ask for. Maybe before her birthday in September we'll reach a level reminiscent of our old 'normal'.

Speaking of birthdays, mine is on the 27th this month! Yay me! Hope everyone else is doing good!
SoulfulYin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (06-17-2021), Lara (06-15-2021)