View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 06:11 AM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member

The pain and muscle twitching and cramping started after a run. I came in and sat down to cool off and that’s when it happened. The doctor first thought it was from “overuse” but then when I started with the pain is when he did the EMG.
I slowly started getting other weird symptoms and was later diagnosed with Lyme and treated for years. I had complete remission of the pain while on treatment but then had to stop due to low white counts. The pain and twitching slowly returned and continuous to get worse. It’s has progressed to my right calf but not as intense.
Doctors have no idea why I don’t feel it when I walk or stand but the minute I sit or lay down it starts. That’s why at first they thought it was restless leg but because I have such pain and no inclination to move my legs they rules it out.
I get very little deep sleep even though with medication I can fall asleep and usually stay asleep. Apparently the pain is kicking me out of deep sleep or not letting me get into it.
I am exhausted and tired all day every day.
It will be interesting to see if the biopsy shows anything .
The doctors have never mentioned blood pooling because I have the twitching as well.
Thanks for your thoughts. I was just hoping someone would have an idea about why such unrefreshing sleep.
naturegirl0812 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-17-2021)