View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 06:13 AM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Keywords: Nevro complaint. I hope the Nevro stimulator does work for people who try it. I had a Nevro device implanted at midwestern pain practice who implanted many of these devices. My comment is not about this practice, but it is an urgent caution to patients about working with Nevro. Nevro is a big corporate practice here, with strong corporate interests. Please keep in mind that Nevro is a for-profit enterprise. Nevro counts me among its 90% success rate. However, the device never worked for me. That was explained in advance as a possibility. I accepted it. (The external test device worked great for me, but once it was implanted, I didn't have much luck.). However, Nevro's records do not match my handwritten notes from the time. They hounded me for months after it was clear the device wasn't working for me. They wouldn't leave me alone. I met with them in clinical settings time after time. I haven't used it for years, and it is now preventing me from having an MRI on an unrelated part of my body. I'm going to have to have it surgically removed, and addressing my new injury is going to take months to schedule (the university hospital has said at least 3 months; the surgeon may need more). Nevro is blaming me for not continuing to use their device. When I called the doctor's office to schedule having taken it out, the nurse said, "Have you talked to the manufacturers?" I said, "Yes, they're very angry at me." She replied, "Yes, that's how it usually goes when people want these out." I regret the device immensely, despite the pain I was in.
Valentine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (06-23-2021)