View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 02:33 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Default Coat Hanger Pain with OH and POTS

Hi Lester,

Your situation is very specific and I'm not suggesting that this is the cause- only that the incidence of "coat hanger pain" is very high with people with OH and POTS. Maybe it exacerbates the original injury or makes it difficult for it to heal?

There is a lot of stuff on the web. This is from Nature:
"Neck pain was reported by 53.6% of subjects. Orthostatic hypotension was present in 57.1% of subjects. Neck pain was reported by 75% of subjects with OH and 25% of subjects without OH (P<0.03, Chi-square). Features of such pain included positive correlation to upright posture and exercise, and relief when lying flat."

Btw, I also see Dr. Jaradeh at Stanford. And whatever the problem is, I think finding a gifted PT can really help. When I was doing IVIG, my PT designed a program that was supine and then mixed supine and upright to slowly get me back on my feet. For what it's worth, I had fairly severe pain/numbness/odd sensory issues in my left arm/chest/neck/and sometimes face and it was not interesting to my doctors because it was so non-standard.

Good luck.
unjour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-27-2021)