View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 11:43 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar View Post
I think that Jody Powell is being hyper alarmist!

There are many supplements that have other uses, and as long as one follows sensible dosing guidelines, there is potential benefit. I have always felt people who "mega" dose are being irresponsible

As the 2nd link for Cod Liver Oil (which I also grew up with) is WebMD - here is their take on Vit D3 Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD

PS I have also seen some articles that suggest Cod liver oil is dangerous now due to all the toxic stuff in the oceans, so one really does need to keep all this in balanced view IMO
Many top cod liver oil producers claim their products have been purified to remove mercury, as well as other harmful compounds like dioxins, furans, and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs). This suggests there is a lot of cheap toxic cod liver/ fish oil out there. Many consider the oceans to be the world's sewer. Why would you want to take a supplement that has to be purified?
The alternative is to take Algae Oil that is grown in safe environmental conditions. Fish do not produce omega 3 they obtain it through their diet of algae. So you can cut out the middle man. I take 100% vegan omega 3 Algae Oil DHA + EPA. Remarkably it tastes of fish, and I wonder do Fish taste of Algae? My mother growing up in rural Wales said that chicken feed during the war was made of fish waste and as a result chickens tasted of fish. I wonder if it was really Algae?
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolordecuerpo (07-03-2021)