Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 12:58 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Default I'm new also

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced a complete cessation of f the TH activity while suffering from the flu or flu related symptoms .

At this very moment I am just about getting over the flu that has lasted 10 days and all this time I can rub the lower part of the left side of my face without exciting the maxillary branch of the trigeminal nerve.

I experienced the same result in December 2020 about the time I was coerced into the COVID ward of Royal Darwin Hospital Australia when I went to the hospital for a lung function test.I mentioned the ''deadened'' branch of the trigeminal nerve to the ER doctors on duty but they were not interested

I was diagnosed about 7 years ago with TN and for a number of years was largelyunaware I had TN until about 3 years ago I suffered multiple firings daily for about a month that prevented me from chewing any solid food. One positive result was -I lost 6kg.
Since then I am aware of the maxillary branch firing just below the surface of the skin .Periodically it will fire if I rub my left eye ,rub my left jaw or yawn but only for about 5 secs.
I am 83
dookie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (07-04-2021)