View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 08:25 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

lara, I assume the mri would have picked that up; especially the pelvic MRI. from March of this year.

The report from the pelvic MRI is as follows: 1. No acute abnormality is identified. 2. There are degenerative changes in the visualized lower lumbar spine. If clinically necessitated, a dedicated lumbar. spine MRI may be performed.

Before I had the caudal injection, I saw an orthopedic doctor. I brought all my MRI's and radiologist reports. they took xrays of my hips, said they don't see anything wrong with hips. The doctors assistant had me do some physical tests with my legs while I was sitting on the table. they did not seem to think it was piriformis. doctor said he thinks its back related even though my MRI's show nothing being pinched in back. he referred me to the spinal pain mgmt doctor who did the caudal steroid to see if the steroids would hit something that that was not being seen my MRI's, explaining that this was just a first step in trying "something" and it might not work, which it did not. Spinal pain mgmt doc said he is considering something in the hips that is trapping the nerve and sent me to a different orthopedic doctor, to investigate that. I meet with that doctor soon. that was a very good video, btw, thanks for that.

2018 lumbar MRI: 1 mm broad-based right paracentral posterior disc protrusion at L4-5. Desiccation within L5-S1 disc.

2020 lumbar MRI with and w/o contrast: 1. Mild diffuse annular bulging the posterior disc contour at L4 through else of L4 and less so at the L4/L5 interest level. 2. Mild diffuse annular bulging posterior disc contour.

All the doctors I've seen including the back surgeon said there is nothing in the mri's that show its pressing on any nerve. the back surgeon said this is typical for someone my age and my back looks "pretty good", "go back to playing racquetball" he said. so did the spinal pain mgmt doctor. my legs feel too "wonky" at times do not feel confident playing right now. sometimes too much activity can trigger my symptoms.
Daniel2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (07-04-2021)