View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 08:37 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
hey Daniel2,

Your initial front/side thigh symptoms sound like Meralgia Parasthetica. There's plenty of information on here/ YouTube about that condition. Sitting cross legged and nerve gliding are successful management techniques.
You definitely have nerve compression issues and I agree with Lara that it's likely to be Piriformis Syndrome giving you Sciatica like symptoms. This is a soft tissue issue and I see that you've learned a chiropractor can't help you.

Consider myofascial release. This a link to Elisha Celeste. She has plenty to say about pain and how the body stores pain. And how to release it.

Best wishes,

Atty
atty: I remember one of the neurologists saying the numbness in left thigh is Meralgia Parasthetica and didn't seem concerned; saying it usually goes away by itself. I had another doctor mention that term Meralgia parasthetica, but I don't recall him being alarmed or giving any specific advice.
thank you for your advice about finding a learned chiropractor that can help me and that video, thank you for that. I have saved it and will try it. One thing I don't understand is why a chiropractic adjustment would trigger an intense trigging of numbness down my right leg, super tight and sore right hamstring, and very tight and sore butt muscles. the adjustment that was done was on the back; so I don't get it.
Daniel2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote