Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 06:05 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Thanks for reading my thread and offering such a thoughtful reply, Mark! You're correct in observing that I continue to have anxiety issues. What I meant when I said that I didn't consider myself “all that anxious” was simply that my anxiety has returned to something approaching “normal levels.” Or at least normal for me.

I read through the vitamin thread and found it very instructive. I am taking a multivitamin (Men's One-A-Day), a B-12 supplement (1000 mcg), DHA + EPA (~4g), L-Acetyl-Carnitine (1g), CBD (25mg), and melatonin at night (~15mg). I'm also taking a powder supplement called Neuroshroom with Lion's Mane in it. I am thinking of adding a B-Complex as you recommend in the vitamin thread.

I don't know what sort of medical treatment I hope to get, since doctors can't really do anything for concussions (“There is no such thing as treatment for concussions. You can only treat individual symptoms.”) I think I would like help with my sleep as it is frustrating to not be able to sleep through the night. Apart from that, I would just like for a doctor with expertise in concussions / mTBI to listen to me, offer a diagnosis / prognosis, and maybe do some imaging. It just seems wrong that people sustain concussions and the doctors just send them on their way without any information or follow-up care. Concussions are a life-long injury after all.
JumpingJehosephat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote