View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 06:31 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hey good people, I'm baaaaack

Kind of wish I wasn't but hey!

So...... in short, it's definitely not gone. As a recap it's been approx 18 months since this all began.

It seemed in March/April the symptoms had become dormant. I had some very mild tingling but all in all I thought I was pretty much near the end.

WRONG.

May and June have been pretty bad. I'd say the profile has symptoms has slightly changed now. It's less the random odd sensations, and now purely the prickling/paper ****s/pin pricks type sensations. They have been happening quite frequently, and seem to be concentrated in the hands/feet and face area. The other day I bizarrely had a few hours where it felt my left face cheek was repeatedly been injected. Very unpleasant.

What's also accompanied these symptoms is what I'd describe as unpleasant ache/shooting pain type feelings. I also get some itching from time to time.

Symptoms are still fluctual and can really occur anywhere, lasting a second or two.

The good(ish) news is that the bad symptoms don't seem to last all day every day so I appreciate the times where it just backs off and leaves me alone lol. I still wouldn't describe what I have as painful, but more unpleasant nuisances.

Supplementation is continuing (although I am sure this is making little-no difference either way!!) and I won't lie that I am a bit disheartened by it all.

Part of me is wondering/hoping that this may be nerve regeneration but it is probably wishful thinking on my end.

This was the last bit from my neuro:

He clearly
has a relapsing / remitting small fibre type syndrome post-infection but on the whole this
does seem to be improving and I have explained it may take a while for nerve regeneration
to take place. We discussed the question of a skin biopsy but this will not change our
management. We also discussed symptomatic treatment which he has tried in the past, such
as Gabapentin and Amitriptyline without any benefit. Therefore, we are agreed not to go
down any treatment options.
The journey continues

Last edited by LeedsLad84; 07-07-2021 at 07:02 AM.
LeedsLad84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (07-07-2021)