View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 09:17 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

I have Sciatica (in the Left leg the worst and moderate in the right leg) and idiopathic peripheral neuropathy in both legs again left in the worst. I have more numbness than pain or what is known as shooting pain into the feet. I had major surgery on my L2,3,4,5, and S1 ant he L4 and 5 is where the damage nerves are at. From my knees and below to the feet I have idiopathic peripheral neuropathy . I have tried everything and the doctors have done a lot of exams and pills buy nothing worked not even 3.5 hours of surgery. My feet being numb is what bugs me the most especially when they are burning and I put them in cool to cold water several times a day or use my ice pack stocking to cool of my feet. I also take motrin which does help some up to 800mg per day if needed. Sleeping problem is a part of the new norms for me as I can only sleep on my right side. I've learned to except my problem and deal with it the best I can, which can be very stressful at times. I do walk every morning up to 2 miles and yes, I have to deal with all my issues afterward too. I was a runner for 55 years of races from one mile to 50k and a mountain runner and maybe that might have had some bearing on my problems. No one in my family had problems like this and I'm 72 years old now. In this type of medical problem there has not been to many advancements to help people with nerve issues like pain and especially numbness. Do you own research and find things that help you even in a small way. All the doctors I have been to did very little to help me and I mean very little.
ironman4u2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote