View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 09:46 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Medical desert I live in

I get pieces of clarity after solumedrol shots for various reasons. Not the least of which is less of a fight to breath. I live in a larger city in eastern Iowa yet have no idea how to get the necessary help I need. This problem has been flipping over and over in my brain since last nite. Now if this was cardiac or obviously cancer I would have options. I get flashes of memory about the local neuro who screamed at me not once but at 2 different times in the hospital. The 2nd time he pushed to totally take me off Mestinon and get oriented to CPAP their persistent idea to make me better. If I go into the local hospital I will get that group of neuros. If I go into the University of Iowa hospital I may not get screamed at but I will get a grab bag of docs who mostly assume wrong and drown out the best ones. Last times the found a sodium crisis tho I came in unable to stand and treated only he sodium. They put me in a skilled nursing facility under the wrong diagnosis and let my kids believe that would be my life from then on. I sure got a great doc and nurse at ER last week. It was easy to be totally frank with them that I was doing all the right things like informing docs and such but not getting back the help I need. Sculptor44
Sculptor44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (07-12-2021), Lara (07-12-2021)