View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 12:58 PM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Default Frustrated Payee!

Hello, I am new to the group. I am a payee for my brother, who had a TBI due to a car accident in 1988. My dad passed away in 2015, and I have taken over handling his financial affairs. My dad never put him on a budget and now I am trying to have him live on a budget allowing him to live on his own in an independent senior community He has become verbally and mentally abusive and has tried to call ss to get me off his check. I did a financial exercise with him this month giving him all his check in cash and have him put his money in a pile to pay bills. Then what was left I told him is what he has to spend for the month. We went to a doctor last week who setup pt ot and neuro psych test. He wanted to go so the doctor could write a new letter stating he is able to handle his affairs. When he found out the psych appt was 4 hours of testing he then said he was not going. I told him without this test he could not then handle his affairs. He now is threatening to report me to ss. Has anyone had a situation like this?
Debted is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-14-2021)