View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 10:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, CJ, and welcome!

You seem to have diabetes since you mention the A1C--and my impression is that some of the complications of diabetes might catch up with a person even if the person has had tight blood glucose control all along.

It happened to me anyway. I have Type 2 diabetes and have had really great A1Cs for over 30 years but a few years ago was found to have PAD (peripheral artery disease) and have signs of peripheral neuropathy.

If you do a search on this board for "small fiber sensory neuropathy," you'll find quite a number of discussions of it here.

I also have MS and realize that many adjustments have to be made sometimes. When it comes to how you dress for work, maybe you'll find that you can modify your clothes to some extent so that you'll be more comfortable--unless you work for people with a strict dress code. If there is a dress code, you might be able to have a discussion with someone who is in charge of rules and make arrangements for an exception to be made for you. It's worth a try!

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, since 12/16/20
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote