Thread: Covid Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 08:24 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Good luck with that.

It's not just ourselves we should be concerned about.
It's everyone else as well.

That's what the point of the whole thread from DiamondTiger was about. Having a highly activated immune system like myself puts me at risk. Having a immunocompromised system such as DiamondTiger puts her at risk even after vaccine. We rely on others to keep us safe. In the end, it doesn't matter how many vitamin precautions any of us take.

Just to put a few numbers out there for perspective and these are across the board, I don't think they take into account specific pre-existing illness. These figures actually helped me a lot in my own hesitancy as I am actually not someone to usually have a vaccine e.g. 'flu ---

Australia's New South Wales Health Minister stated on the ABC here Friday just past when speaking about the vaccine that so many of us are worried about...

"Understand for example that if you are over 60 and you get the virus you have a one in 200 chance of dying.

If you are over 50 you have a one in 500 chance of dying if you get the virus.

As opposed to that, if you have the vaccine, the AstraZeneca vaccine, it protects you to the extent that your chances of actually dying [from COVID] are one in 2 million."

Last edited by Lara; 07-24-2021 at 08:41 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (07-24-2021)