Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomar View Post
Interesting...
[arms get heavy also when using them especially when i have to raise them to work on something overhead like changing a light bulb in a ceiling fan. My hands also cramp up if i use them too long.]

That sounds like a blood flow issue that many with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome have..
Roos test..
Cold and Tingly Hands/Positive ROOS Test - YouTube
Shoulder - Orthopedic Tests - Physical Therapy Web

But...
*I think I read approximately 25% of people will have a positive Roos test without having actual TOS.
Proper head, neck, shoulder alignment may help with the issue..
Slumping or forward head or shoulders compresses the area.
upper body posture assessment - Google Search

If you have done a lot of desk or forward leaning/overhead activities, repetitive motions, it could be related to that factor..
We have more information on our TOS forum sticky threads.

I am curious if others with PN have similar arm heaviness/blood flow issues..
I don't think I've seen any PNers mention this in my years reading here, and none have responded to this question.

[Ulnar nerve seems to be extremely sensitive at this time. Resting my arm down even for a few sections causes my entire arm to go numb, tingle and become rather bothersome. This wakes me up throughout the night as well. ]

It is possible to have multiple conditions..
Please explore our TOS forum sticky threads for more in depth info, most MDs only have very limited (biased) knowledge of it..

Since you mentioned that issue first in your post, it must be the most bothersome symptom?
If it is gradually getting worse.. I strongly suggest looking into possible TOS and/or chronic RSI and therapy, PT, chiropractic and home care/posture before it becomes something chronic that might require needing Rx meds or surgery.

https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/
sticky threads are in the upper section on the linked page.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (07-27-2021)