View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 11:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Airmaster,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

It sounds like you have tried almost every specialty and therapy.

What have you tried for yourself? Have you done anything to change or improve you posture, especially when resting or sleeping? For some, the trauma from a vertical hit concentrates on the C-1 to occiput joint, NUCCA and Atlas focus on this but unless you follow their treatment with discipline posture when sleeping or resting, the inflammation never reduces.

I tried NUCCA and know many who have benefited but I did not. I got the best results from a physical therapist who did very gentle traction and mobilization while I laid on my back on the treatment table. She would just pull on my head and gently rock it. Then, I would ice my upper neck and be very careful with sleep posture. I needed to learn to sleep on my back with very little pillow under my head. If I was able to sleep with straight head and neck posture, the next day would be much better. It took most of a year to restore the stability in my upper neck so I was not having symptoms.

The C-1 to Occiput joint has very poor stability and can get bruised easily. Learning self-care can make a big difference.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote