View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 07:25 AM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Question Post viral neuropathy?

I'm looking to see if anyone here has had a similar experience, and if they've found anything that helps, or if they've had a diagnosis made.

I'm 31 and female. Back in January I had a high fever (tested negative for covid), I was aching all over and had a sudden onset of all over body fasiculations and altered sensation in my feet. I've had tons of blood tests, all normal except for b12 which I've since supplemented with injections. It's now been 8 months and I'm still not well, I still have twitching everywhere, pins and needles and tingling constantly in both feet, burning pain along the inside of my right foot and up my shin, numbness on one side of my face, and buzzing, vibrating and crawling sensations in my arms and legs. I've had an EMG which was normal, a nerve conduction test which was normal, and an MRI which showed some vague white spots which probably aren't of any significance. All the tests are fine but I've never felt so ill 🙁. My neuro just doesn't seem to know what to do with me anymore and is calling it "post viral syndrome" that should improve on its own, but it doesn't seem to be improving at all. The facial numbness is a relatively new thing so im worried I'm actually getting worse.

My mobility is affected, I can't drive because of my bad foot and I can't work. Has anybody been through similar and had an official diagnosis or found anything that helps? I feel so lost and frightened because things literally changed overnight 😞.
Catonabroomstick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (08-03-2021)