Thread: ER trip Sunday
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 08:37 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default ER trip Sunday

This is some relief to walk better and thank Heaven breath better enough to get a decent nites sleep. But the battlefield of a monthly trip to ER into unknown group of staff to end up with a Solumedrol shot needs to change. This last one really hurt me physically and mentally.. I even cocooned in bed a bit this afternoon to comfort myself. To heal. There was a complete disregard for what the constant talking does to me. This is my 2nd day of silence to try to help my chest, my breathing and my voice. And then there was the X-ray where rather than bring to me they took me in wheelchair and wanted me in a handy dandy standing chair. But similar to another situation 2 women positioned me sticking front of platform under my feet and they said now just grab this bar and pull. Now I know my body and I even get the engineering problems in how this was set up and so so want to fix it it. All I could do was say without hydraulics it could not happen. These arms don’t lift much and sure not me. I said I just needed the inertia to rise but they were puzzled and worried about getting hurt so I said time to get my daughter. All this sure. Cost me work in my chest I sure sure needed to not spend. I am back with my former GP who prescribes my pain meds but is traditionally limited in other doctoring.. She can be wildly unsupportive. I hope that didn’t affect ER staff. I honestly am not sure what to do next. There is a big difference between what I am able to do and what I need to do. Even back when I went to Mayo a 2nd time I made changes to their schedule for me to doable pieces.And I stopped in 2017 when I couldn’t do more trips. But the neuro then was kinda failing me too. I had a very supportive GP back then. Not now. Thank you all for listening. Sculptor 44
Sculptor44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (08-04-2021), Lara (08-03-2021)